Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I take care of my body wave? My hair dresser was vague.?

It is way more curly than I thought. Does it unwind a bit after I shampoo it? I am just need some ideas on how to corral curly hair until it relaxes.



How do I take care of my body wave? My hair dresser was vague.?

Well if you just got your hair permed you have to wait 2 days to shampoo it, then if you want to loosen it up a little bit you can buy a box perm, take the perm solution and place this on your hair, comb it through for just a few minutes,making sure you comb from top to bottom, then apply the neutralizer on top of this for another few minutes.comb it well, rinse out and your hair will be less curly.



How do I take care of my body wave? My hair dresser was vague.?

It will relax...don't worry. Use some conditioner to help smooth and tone it down a bit for the next little while. Use a mousse or gel while your hair is wet ( to way down the curl a little) and you blow it dry with your fingers kind of placing the curls where you want it. If it is frizzy, you may need what is called a cuticle sealer (biosilk is one product) It goes on in a small amount, rubbed into your hands and then thru your hair, concentrating on the ends...just before your hair is completely dry. Then continue with the blow dryer. You will get the hang of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment