Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hair dye question, is this right?

Yesterday my friend (who was a hair dresser professionally until she had a baby) dyed my hair, Garnier, black cherry, now the thing is she put it on the roots first then ran it through the rest of my hair. It might just be me, but now it looks to me as though the roots really sucked up the red part and the middle to bottom half of my hair isn't as obviously red as my roots. It's not really bad looking you can still see the color through the rest of my hair and she said it will blend together after I wash it a few times. Did she f*** up or is this true? any words of wisdom? it's liveable I was just wondering.



Hair dye question, is this right?

She applied correctly... HOWEVER.. she should be using a pro product. Especially with reds. whenever I do any reds... I always add a higher concentration of reds for when I pull my color through. This is because you don't want a client to have "hot roots" (what you have) The hair at the root is the healthiest and never colored, and so picks up tones the best with the heat of your head further accelerating the process.... therefore, I usually only add to my formula when using reds.... With a store bought product, you don't have the ability to personalize this way. So... yes... she applied correct... no... she didnt have any other options with store purchased.... BUT.... if she is licensed... she should go to a supply store and purchase pro products, so this does not happen. Hope this helps!! Good luck



Hair dye question, is this right?

SAY: I DO-NT LIKE THE HAIR STYLE



Hair dye question, is this right?

She may be right that it will blend. But you didn't say what color you were to start. I am a red head naturally and if I use ANY type of red dye on my hair it jumps on it and hold on for dear life!!!!! I tried a Medium Auburn a few years ago and it turned my hair so Dark Red it was Black with a burgundy hint to it. Try to lighten it up, or just re-do it altogether!!



Hair dye question, is this right?

YEAH SHES CORRECT, WTH A COUPLE OF WASHES ITS GONNA GO AWAY. DONT WORRY



Hair dye question, is this right?

Yes, she did it correctly, and your hair color will balance out.



Hair dye question, is this right?

They reason your roots grabbed the color more is because it is virgin hair and the ends of your hair have probably been colored before. Virgin hair, hair that has never been colored, grabs color better than damaged or previously colored hair. Yes she did apply it right, and the color will fade quickly, especially red. So bear with it, it is only a color, you could cover it up, but I would just let it fade out. Next time, let your friend use the professional products.



Hair dye question, is this right?

my natural color is dirty blonde.. i dyed it blonde and then it was brown coming in and blonde on the ends so my hairdresser dyed it this blackish brownish color.. in different lights my hair looks different colors .. that might be whats happing to ur hair



like in the sun my hair looks brown with a reddish tint but in the house light it loks blackish brownish



good luck,



katie



Hair dye question, is this right?

sounds to me that you got "hot roots". Not trying to be mean but that is what happens when you use box color. The results are extremely unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment