Saturday, August 1, 2009

Problems with my hair?!! helpp!?

So about a week ago, I went to a hair dresser to get my hair cut and they mentioned how bad my hair was doing (a lot of split ends, dry and not enough 'volume') and so they put about 5 different things in my hair, I got all my split ends off, there's more volume in it but I can't figure out why it's so hard to brush, when it's wet and when it's dry. And I'm loosing sooo much hair! and when I dry my hair the area of hair by my bangs, including my bangs, gets all frizzy and it's almost impossible to brush. They gave me clarifier and told me it will help make my hair keep it's natural color and build it up more sense I'm a swimmer and chlorine makes it weak, do you think the clarifier is the problem? She mentioned I should use it 5 washes and then whenever i think i need it.



Problems with my hair?!! helpp!?

Chlorine definitely is bad for you hair. You should wear a bathing cap if you don't already.



As for your hair, refrain from blow drying in the winter that will make it frizzy no matter what.



Your hair is probably falling out a lot because of what she put in your hair, it makes it healthy and in order for it to become healthy it has to get rid of all the dead, dried and dull hair thats there.



As for brushing, start at the ends and work your way up. You should be using a comb and not a brush.



Problems with my hair?!! helpp!?

try some spray on detangler.



Problems with my hair?!! helpp!?

i bet its the chlorine thats wacking out your hair. the clarifier is probably a good thing, but i would say a good conditioner is more imporatant, expecially right before you swim. find a good hair mask and a leave-in conditioner. if the hair masks are too expensive, use organic coconut oil--its cheaper and works just as well. just leave it in for 30 minutes and then shampoo with the clarifier and end with your leave-in conditioner. good luck! :)



oh, and if your water in your house is "hard", think about getting a water softener. it helps!



Problems with my hair?!! helpp!?

the key to your problem is taking preventive measures to ensure your hair becomes healthier...



I highly recommend, conditioning your hair with a heavy conditioner and placing the swim cap over the conditioned hair prior to swimming...there is no way around it as the cleaning agents in the chlorine are stripping your hair of it's natural oils..also when you get out of the pool and are done with your routine, get to the nearest shower to remove the chemicals from your hair, try not to wait to get home to shower, by that time your hair will be dry and not help your situtation...you should also consider getting a good trim every 4 to 6 weeks to start cutting away the damaged hair, (or opt to cut your hair short for easier maintenance)...another idea is to do treatments at home; apply Mayonaisse all over your hair and cover with aluminum foil leave on for 30 minutes, then wash and condition as usual..if the Mayo idea is too much for you, go to your nearest beauty supply and purchase a cholesterol based product and follow the same steps as the mayo....whatever you decide to do protecting your hair, is the only way....



I swam all through High School and became educated the hard way...don't worry before you know it your hair will be back to normal..best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment