Monday, July 27, 2009

Bridesmaid Hair????

I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding in 6 weeks time and the bride has let us choose our hair accesories I really like this comb:



http://www.hair-we-go.co.uk/shop/product...



and I want to wear it in a style like this (but i'm flexible):



http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/index...



I have layered darkish blonde hair that just touches my shoulders it's quite thin and straightens easily, but it does not curl without a fight, if I need to I'll have it cut differently before the wedding just nothing too drastic!



I'm wearing the light purple dress with shoes and jewellery to match



http://www.renaissancebridal.co.uk/produ...



at the minute we don't have a hair dresser so any ideas on how to make my hair look simple and pretty would help



thanks



Bridesmaid Hair????

The comb is lovely, as is the hairdo!!



However, I have hair that's very similar to yours - it's thin and baby-fine, so for me, styling is always a bit of a challenge, so here are my questions as one fine-haired girl to another:



You're going to have a long day that day. What's the weather like where you're at this time of year? Will your 'do fall flat in the humidity? You don't want to be messing with it all day, so make sure you've got some good product in your hair!!



On a personal level, I prefer updo's for events like this - only because it's up, it's out of my face, and I don't have to worry about my hair getting flyaway, falling flat, etc. With that said, you can't go wrong with a simple french twist. They're easy to do - or to have a hairdresser do for you - they're sleek, sophisticated and your fine hair will hold it - and as an added bonus, the twist will give your hair a little extra thickness to really help anchor that comb in!! That's simply my two cents on it, anyway.



BTW - bridemaids dresses? Simply fab.



Bridesmaid Hair????

I think the comb and style you have chosen are perfect, I can't think of anything nicer than those.



Bridesmaid Hair????

The comb is really beautiful! It would look nice to have your hair in soft big curls - my hair sounds like yours, but it is possible!



Bridesmaid Hair????

try www.theknot.com



Bridesmaid Hair????

I think the styles you chose are lovely, but based on how you described your hair you may not be happy with it half way through the wedding. My hair is straight as well and if i even get it to curl, it is a flop within a hour! 6 weeks from now, the weather may be pretty warm still, so that may *** to the 'flop'. Something you may want to try, that you could still use the comb with, would be a low (near the bottom of your skull) bun type twist which is 'off center' . It would not be a side bun, but somewhere between the back and side. It is actually a pretty popular style right now and is simple and neat, so 10 years from now you won't be wondering what the hell you did with your hair!! :) Also, it will give you a consistent un-annoying style for the whole night. If you are unsure what I mean, contact me and I can send you a picture from a wedding I was in... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU CUT YOUR HAIR INTO A NEW STYLE JUST TO GET AN UPDO!!!!!....unless you want a new style anyway



Bridesmaid Hair????

I think its perfect, in worst case senario, if you can't get it to curl, then just make sure it has lots of volume, and maybe flip up the ends of it for a little flair, it would still look really cute. Now, go find a hairdresser! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment