Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hairdressers ! Professional Hair Dyeing ?

Hi, Im not a qualified hair dresser but I just wanted to know that when you use a professional hair colour which you can get websites. Do you need to mix it with peroxide and how do you know which volume of peroxide to mix with the dye you use, doe it tell you on the dye its self which to use etc.



Also when you get the charts with the hair on, are the numbers above the hair the dyes you mix together to achieve the colour result of the hair below.



Any information you can give me will be great ?



I know I should leave it to professionals, and I might not be able to buy it, but the way I want to learn how to do it myself so that I get a decent colour with conditioner like the one I got put on by a hair dresser yeaster day it was called Majirel and my hair was so soft its brilliant



Hairdressers ! Professional Hair Dyeing ?

well its quite complicated it all depends on how light or dark you want your hair to what strength of peroxide you would use. when you go to the hairdressers there is a chart with different colours you can choose from, so depending on what your natural hair colour. the tubes of colour come in different ranges depending on what shade and tone. (very complicated if you have not taken a hairdressing course)



peroxides come in strengths of 3%(10vol) 6%(20vol) 9%(30vol) 12%(40vol)



the lowest % just deposits the colour, 6% gives 1-2 lift, and 9% gives 3-4 and 12% gives 5+ lift.



so if you want to get the tubes of colour on the website you have to know what colour you want first and what strength of peroxide you need, because you need to mix the 2 together,



in other words to not be so complicated and possibly doing harm to you or your hair, ( you have to skin test because of allergy to the dye) i would go to a professional hairdresser.



Hairdressers ! Professional Hair Dyeing ?

i would try doing it yourself its really easy



Hairdressers ! Professional Hair Dyeing ?

I say do it yourself. I do my own all the time and it's easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment