Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do I become a hair dresser?

I'm 21 years old and I'm really interested in becoming a hair dresser. I've always been a little interested and I always cut, dye, and highlight my own hair. Not just a straight cut, I mean layers and everything. The problem is that I can't just go to cosmotolegy school because my husband and I both work and have a daughter and another on the way. Is there any way to get licensed without spending a bunch of time and money at school?



How do I become a hair dresser?

No, because if that were the case, nobody would want to go spend money on schools. That's what schools are for, to teach you to do something and for you to get your license. Don't cheat the system, just find a way to go to school or forget it.



How do I become a hair dresser?

You can do like me, just dive in head first by doing the family and friends. Let's hope they trust you and if you're good at it, they will continue to come back and tell others too. It saves everyone money.



Just keep in mind you can't charge them since you don't have a licence. You can always let them know that tips are appreciated. Yeah, it could be a really cool thing to do on the side; while making extra money.



How do I become a hair dresser?

no, you have to go through schooling. different states require different hours. where I went to school in NJ they have a vocational program that is free when you went to the surrounding high schools. people who weren't in the schools could go too, I'm not sure how much it cost them but I believe it was still cheap. when I moved out of state is when I realized that not all states have a program like that, but you can still get good financial aid for all of the programs, and most have night classes too.



How do I become a hair dresser?

Each state requires different amounts of hours in order to graduate and take their state licensing test. in different areas of study of procedures in Cosmetology. That can't be changed. Some Beauty Schools have evening hours, and usually Saturdays you are required to attend. Most courses if you go full time can be completed in about 9 months.. which goes fast looking back, small sacrifice for a lifetime of opportunities.. It is very important your husband support you in your decision if you start. having school and a little one can be a real challenge. There will be studying and tests.. Maybe you can work out a babysitting routine with him or a friend, so that after you graduate, you'll babysit for them, so they can too go to school or something they might like.. You sound like you have a natural ability, and are not afraid to try . that is GREAT.. I would sit down with a local beauty school administrator.. some cosmetology courses by the way are offered at local community colleges and they or the independent schools might have ways to work financial opportunities out for you.. Check at your local library too if grants might be available.. If you decide to go Part time if can. it can be really touch and long. Lots can happen during and interrupt completing, i have seen this happen often. I recommend you take the full cosmetology course, rather in one area as manicuring.. etc. this way if you ever became allergic to products in one area, as some sadly do.. you have a backup, instead of have to quit, and or go back to school to train in another area. I have found the training i got years ago lead me into many other areas even into decorating and business ventures . Good luck.. remember no journey begins without the first step.. dedication and commitment are important..

No comments:

Post a Comment