Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is the best way i can keep my hair healthy, full and thick without going to a hair dresser?

i have short dyed hair {neck length}, split ends, breakage everywhere. i use to have long thick, full healthy hair to my back and it broke off when my mom allowed the hair lady to cut my hair when i was 12. it grew back when i was 13, then broke off again. now it just wont do anything. i grease it every 2x a week and wrap it everynight. hair dressers cost too much because of my financial problems. what can i do to get my hair to grow back?



i know that african american women have different hair then women who arent AA. so what can i do?



What is the best way i can keep my hair healthy, full and thick without going to a hair dresser?

There are many products out there that can help your hair, which sounds like it's damaged. I would know, because I have colored hair too, and I went through a period where it was breaking off not only beacause of the color, but because I used too much heat (flat-iron, hair dryer).



The BEST thing to do is condition like crazy. You want to find a good conditioner at a beauty supply store and try to condition your hair a few times a week, but when you do, leave the conditioner in for about 20 minutes, and then wash it out. There is no magic product to help your hair, unfortunately, only certain methods.



Other advice would be to limit heat damage to your hair (I don't know if you use hot tools or anything). Get regular hair cuts as well. I know you want long hair, but long hair with split ends is not attractive - it's better to get your hair trimmed until the split ends are gone, because then it will feel fuller. I know this all first-hand. And your hair grows faster when you get regular trims too.



I would also suggest perhaps limiting coloring your hair, or finding some other way around it if you are afraid of future breakage. It's just a fact that color does damage the hair, and for people like us who can't afford the best treatment possible every single day like the stars of Hollywood, it can be difficult. Good luck!



What is the best way i can keep my hair healthy, full and thick without going to a hair dresser?

One way to ensure strong hair is to get your vitamins everyday. Take a supplement that conatins Biotin- that's the building block of hair and nails. Also getting enough water makes a huge difference.



Our hair length is "programmed" into us. Some people can not grow long hair. Its pretty common to have long hair as a child, cut it and then never have it grow so long again.



As hair falls out it is replaced by new hair. It takes about 7 years for the entire head of hair to shed and be replaced. So essentially every 7 years you have fresh hair. If you have damaged the strands with chemicals, or sometimes even antibiotics and other medications can cause breakage, sticking to a healthy diet and getting enough biotin and calcium can get you that thick hair if you stick with it long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment